Based in San Francisco, CA
February 6, 2018
Apple App Store
EmojiFlower VR is a virtual reality game combining the whimsical world of Emoji with stunning natural landscapes, 90s-inspired visuals, and original music. Collect Emoji as you explore flower, outer space, and underwater worlds inspired by the days of Super Mario Bros. Point and click to grab Emojis and gain points as you travel through time and space in 360 degree hyper reality.
Niki Selken originally developed EmojiFlower VR while conducting research for Gray Area Foundation for Art and Technology. Niki was in the process of learning Unity to create 3D VR worlds when she fell upon a 1990s-influenced interior design spread in Nest magazine. Inspired by the spread, which perfectly captured the zeitgeist of the 90s, Niki was struck by the desire to translate the spread into a VR game, adding Emoji, as a transition to the 21st Centure. EmojiFlower VR contemplates and celebrates the optimism, oddity, and excitement building in American culture towards the turn of the 21st century.
- 3D Audio: Immerse yourself in 3D audio, designed to replicate real life spatial audio experience.
- Accessibility: In a world filled with intense and complex games, EmojiFlowerVR is delightful, intuitive game suitable for all ages
- Immersive Virtual Reality: Take a break from the everyday and transport yourself to a new world.
- Unique Theme and Design: EmojiFlowerVR is the first Emoji VR Game on the market.
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "The associatded press interview about game."
- Associated Press, Website
- "Buzzfeed coveres Emojicon and game demo."
- Buzzfeed, Website
- "Niki Selken: Cave Painting Pictograms to Ideographic VR"
- Medium, Website
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Available for free from https://soundcloud.com/niki-selken/sets/emoji-flower-vr.
About Emoji Foundation
We're an Emoji Foundation. Its all about Emoji 👀❤😎👗💰💕.
More information on Emoji Foundation, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Name Credits
Game Design and Development